Privacy4Cars is the controller of personal information that you provide about yourself through the Mobile Application. Our legal bases for processing your personal information include your consent, fulfilment of a contractual obligation, and where we have a legitimate interest to process your personal information, provided that our interests do not outweigh your individual rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests include:
- Investigating, preventing, and protecting against fraud, security risks, threats to you and others, and violations of this policy;
- Protecting and defending our rights and properties, including intellectual property;
- Complying with laws and regulations that apply to us, as well as responding to requests from law enforcement or government authorities or as otherwise required by law;
- Improving your experiences with our products and services;
- Understanding and improving our mobile app, website, user experience, and customer relationships; and
- Enabling our business operations.
Where we rely on your permission to process your personal information, you have the right to change, withdraw or withhold your consent.
What Information Collected
There is certain information we need to collect in order for the functions and features of the Mobile Application to properly work. When you use the Mobile Application, we may ask you for the following information or the right to access such information on your mobile device:
- Consumer Account Registration: When you register a Consumer User Account, we will collect your name, email address, and password.
Business User Account Registration: When you register a Business User Account, we will collect your name, email address, and your role within your business.
- User Content: If you choose to submit content to the Mobile Application, we will collect the substance of your User Content, as well as your User name, the vehicle from which you are deleting information, the deletion steps you are following, your location, and the time at which you are using the Mobile Application. If you include any personal information in your User Content, we will collect that information as well.
- Camera: If you wish to scan the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) via 1D or 2D barcode, Mobile Application the Mobile Application needs access to your camera. The scanned VIN is decoded which enables the Mobile Application to return data-wiping instructions based on Make, Model, and Year of the scanned VIN data and to uniquely determine which vehicles have been wiped. This may be of particular importance for Business Users (e.g., for compliance purposes).
- Location: The Mobile Application asks for access to the User’s location. Allowing the Mobile Application to access your device’s location permits us to further enhance features that may be applicable to your region. For Consumer Users, this information is VOLUNTARY, and you can always change your preferences either under the Settings Menu of your phone or simply by disabling Location Services. We may use this information to reach out to businesses near where Consumer Users wiped their systems (e.g., a dealer, a rental car location) in order to raise their awareness and sensitivity to protecting the privacy of their customers and employees (all data will be aggregated, de-identified, and anonymized). If you are using the Mobile Application as a Business User, we are required to collect your location based on our agreement with our Customer (the business, company, or legal entity to which your Business User Account is tied). By registering a Business User Account, you consent to our collection and use of your location data.
- Make and Manage Phone Calls: The Mobile Application requires a one-time access to your device/phone ID. This will prompt a message on your phone that the Privacy4Cars app requests the ability to make and manage phone call. However, WE PLEDGE:
- We will NOT use this permission to gather any info beyond your Phone ID
- We will NOT make or manage any phone calls
- We will NOT share this information with third parties
- We will NOT use your Phone ID for any purpose other than for security purposes
How Information is Used
How we use your information will depend on the information you share with the Mobile Application and how you interact with the Mobile Application. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests and communications
- To manage your Account
- To facilitate your use of the Mobile Application
- To enhance the Mobile Application and user experience
- To meet legal and regulatory obligations
- To maintain the security of the Mobile Application and prevent fraud
How Information is Shared
We share your personal information when you have granted us permission to do so, when it is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you, or when we have a necessary business purpose to share your personal information. In particular, we share your personal information with:
Support Vendors: When necessary, we share your personal information with third-party vendors working on our behalf to provide specific business support services, including payment processing, and application hosting and management.
Customers: If you are an employee of a Customer and have registered a Business User Account on the Mobile Application, there is certain information we are obligated to share with our Customers (the business, company, or legal entity to which your Business User Account is tied) based on our contract with our Customers. This information may include your name, email address, location of your Info Wipes, day and time of your Info Wipes, and information about the vehicle from which you are wiping information.1 If you violate the Terms and Conditions of Use [https://www.privacy4cars.com/terms-of-use/default.aspx] of the Mobile Application, we may also report this violation to the Customer to which your Business User Account is tied. If you have questions about what information we may share with the Customer to which your Business Account is tied, you should contact your employer for more information.
Analytics Companies: We share anonymous, aggregate information regarding use of the Mobile Application with third-party analytics companies. These companies use this aggregate data, which has been stripped of any personally identifying information about you, to provide us with insight regarding Mobile Application usage patterns. As we only share anonymous, aggregate data, this information cannot be traced back to you individually by either us or the analytics vendors.
Other Users: If you provide User Content to the Mobile Application, we may make such information available to other Users of the Mobile Application, including any personal information you include. If you enable sharing of your Account, we will share the generated content with other users of your Account.2
Third Parties: In some circumstances, we may share information with unaffiliated third parties, such as dealerships and rental car companies. When we share information with unaffiliated third parties, we will only share anonymous, aggregated data that cannot be used to individually identify you.
Legal Requirements: As required by law, regulation, or legal process, we will share your personal information with government authorities, enforcement officials, or third parties as necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Your Rights and Choices
Your rights include:
- Accessing your personal information to know what information we have collected about you and how it has been shared;
- Requesting the deletion of all or some of your personal information;
- Changing or correcting inaccurate or outdated information;
- Objecting to, limiting or restricting use of all or some of your personal information; and
- Requesting a copy of your personal information, including in a portable format.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority if you believe we have violated your privacy rights or applicable laws and regulations.
Provide you with the following control over your information:
California Consumer Privacy Rights: California Consumer Privacy Rights: If you are a California consumer, you have several rights to the personal information we collect in connect with the Mobile Application, including the right to request we:
- Disclose to you a summary of the categories of your personal information we have collected and our purposes for such collection
- Disclose to you a summary of the categories of your personal information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose, including the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold
- Delete your personal information that we have collected via the Mobile Application
We respect your privacy and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the above rights, but please note that requesting we delete your personal information will prohibit us from providing the intended services of the Mobile Application.
California law also requires that we disclose how we respond to “do-not-track requests” from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users’ browsers.
Other Important Information
Security: We have implemented organizational and technical safeguards for protecting the personal information you share with us. These measures are proportionate to the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk to your rights and freedoms. Notwithstanding the forgoing, no information transmitted over the internet or cellular networks is 100% secure and such transmissions inherently possess risk. Therefore we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Children Under the Age of 16: We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16. The Mobile Application is not intended for anyone under the age of 16, and no one under the age of 16 may provide information on this Mobile Application.
For further information or to contact us with questions, concerns, or comments, you may email us at Info@Privacy4Cars.com . Although Privacy4Cars will, in most circumstances, be able to receive your email, Privacy4Cars does not guarantee that it will receive all such email or other information timely and accurately.
630 Kennesaw Due West Rd
Kennesaw GA 30154